Tender & Delicious Chuck Roast Recipe: "Make Dinner Easy, Chuck It in the Slow Cooker!"
March 7, 2023 • 0 comments
This mouthwatering slow cooker chuck roast is the perfect dinner for busy weeknights! Packed with flavor and requiring minimal effort, this recipe will quickly become a family favorite. With succulent chunks of beef and simple ingredients such as garlic, onions, oregano, thyme and beef stock or broth all cooked in one pot—what's not to love? Serve with mashed potatoes or your favorite side dish for a truly tantalizing meal.
- (2-3 lbs) Bone-in Chuck Roast
- (½ cup) Melted butter
- (2 tablespoons) Red wine vinegar
- (to taste) Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- (1 large) Onion, diced
- (6 cloves) Garlic, minced
- (1 teaspoon) Dried oregano
- (1 teaspoon) Dried thyme
- (2 cups) Beef stock or broth
- Preheat a slow cooker on HIGH.
- Pat the chuck roast dry with a paper towel and season generously with salt and pepper on all sides.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter, vinegar, garlic, oregano, thyme and half of the onion. Place the chuck roast in the mixture and toss to coat evenly.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the seasoned chuck roast and cook until browned on both sides, about 8 minutes per side. Transfer to the prepared slow cooker dish or insert.
- Add beef stock or broth to the skillet used for searing and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Pour this mixture over the chuck roast in the slow cooker dish or insert and top with remaining onion pieces in an even layer around it.
- Cover tightly with lid and cook for 8 hours until fork tender when pierced through thickest part of meat registers 160°F (71°C). Let rest 10 minutes before slicing against grain into thin slices when serving Enjoy!