Tasteful & Traditional - Nourishing Beef Liver and Onions
May 5, 2023 • 0 comments
Enjoy a savory and traditional favorite with a twist - 100% grass fed beef liver and onions. Slow cooked to perfection, this classic comfort food is perfect for a cozy evening or sharing with friends.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 2-4
- (1 lb) Beef Liver
- (2 tbs) Ghee
- (2) Large Onions, Sliced
- (2) Garlic Cloves (Chopped)
- (To Taste) Salt & Pepper
- (1 tbs) Grass-Fed Butter
- (As Garnish) Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- Cut the liver into strips or cubes and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat ghee in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for about 8 minutes until softened and lightly browned. Add the garlic to the onion mixture and cook for another minute. Transfer the onion mixture to a plate and set aside.
- Increase heat to medium high, then add butter to the same skillet used for the onions. Once butter is melted, add liver pieces in a single layer, making sure not to crowd them in the pan. Cook for 4 minutes per side until cooked through (longer if you prefer your liver more well done). Return onion mixture back to the pan with liver. Stir everything together and season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve hot with fresh parsley as garnish (optional). Enjoy!