Render Deliciousness: Make Pork Fat into Lard in Easy Peasy!
May 5, 2023 • 0 comments
Transform plain ol' pork fat into savory lard with this easy-to-follow recipe. With a few simple ingredients and a few quick steps, you can enjoy delicious homemade lard in no time!
- (2 Tbs) Sea Salt
- (2 lbs) Pork Leaf Fat
- Place the pork fatback into a large pot and heat over medium heat.
- Add the sea salt, stirring frequently until all of the water is released and the fat renders down into lard. You should begin to notice small bits of crackling (crunchy bits) forming in the lard as it cooks which is an indication that you're on the right track.
- Strain the lard through a fine mesh strainer if needed to remove any solids or impurities before cooling.
- Allow the lard to cool completely before transferring it from the pan to an airtight container.
- Store in a refrigerator or freezer for up to six months for best results!