Tired of eating the same plain, boring store-bought chicken?
Look no further Triple E Farm has the answer for you!
Our chickens are raised on pasture with access to native grasses and freedom to forage for lots of tasty bug.
It's these little things that make the taste of our pasture-raised chicken so special!
Plus, since our free-range birds are all natural, you don't have to worry about any hormones or bad stuff going into your food.
*Our birds are supplemented with NON-GMO grain locally produced at Sunrise Feeds in Stuarts Draft VA.
*Comes vacuum sealed and frozen
*3-4 lb. chicken will feed 4-6 people.
A whole chicken is the meal that keeps on giving!
Our whole chicken not only makes for an incredibly flavorful meal tonight, but it also provides ingredients for tomorrow.
Left over bones are perfect for making a delicious home made bone broth!
Comfort in a bowl - Home Made Chicken Bone Broth
Nothing quite says comfort food like a home made chicken bone broth. Here's an easy slow cooker recipe that will make your house smell amazing, and provide you with a healthy broth packed with vitamins and minerals.
- 2-3 pounds of chicken bones (from 1 whole chicken or parts)
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 3 carrots, roughly chopped
- 3 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Optional: fresh herbs such as parsley or thyme for extra flavor (optional)
- Place the chicken bones in a large 6 quart slow cooker. Add the vegetables, herbs (if using) garlic, apple cider vinegar, black peppercorns and salt on top of the bones and mix to combine.
- Fill the slow cooker with filtered water until all the ingredients are submerged. Cover with the lid and set to low heat for 12 hours.
- Once done cooking let it cool for about 45 minutes before straining through a fine mesh strainer into a large bowl then discard solids. The liquid should be thick and gelatinous once cooled – this is normal!
- Once cooled transfer to jars or other containers labelled with date and contents and store in fridge up to 5 days or freeze for longer storage up to 3 months. Reheat when you need it - Enjoy!