Say Goodbye to Seed Oils and Hello to Triple E Farms' Forest Raised Pork Fat!
Triple E Farms' Forest Raised Pork Fat is the perfect way to ditch the seed oils and get back to ancestral roots. Our raw fresh back fat is ethically sourced from pastured pigs, providing a resurrection of pork fat in its natural state that civilizations have thrived on for centuries. Use pork fat for everything from pies to puddings.
*Note: This is raw fresh back fat; it needs rendering to turn it into lard.
*Our hogs are supplemented with NON-GMO grain locally produced at Sunrise Feeds in Stuarts Draft VA.
*Comes vacuum sealed and frozen
Render Deliciousness: Make Pork Fat into Lard in Easy Peasy!
Transform plain ol' pork fat into savory lard with this easy-to-follow recipe. With a few simple ingredients and a few quick steps, you can enjoy delicious homemade lard in no time!
- 2 pounds pasture-raised pork fatback
- 2 tablespoons of sea salt
- Large pot
- Place the pork fatback into a large pot and heat over medium heat.
- Add the sea salt, stirring frequently until all of the water is released and the fat renders down into lard. You should begin to notice small bits of crackling (crunchy bits) forming in the lard as it cooks which is an indication that you're on the right track.
- Strain the lard through a fine mesh strainer if needed to remove any solids or impurities before cooling.
- Allow the lard to cool completely before transferring it from the pan to an airtight container.
- Store in a refrigerator or freezer for up to six months for best results!